Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Half way there!

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for checking out our blog.  We are getting more and more excited for December.  The pieces are starting to come together (passports and paperwork are done, and we're working on shots... ouch!).  We are so thankful for all of you who have helped us out so far with the financial part of this adventure.  We could not do it without you!!!

To date, we are half way to our goal.  Thank you!  Thank you!  What a blessing y'all are (Just came back from Texas, and I am determined to make that phrase work in Cali).

I have been working hard on our "thankful" banners to sell to help raise money, and they are ready.  I'm not sure the best way to list them, other than to just put a # next to each one and it is first come first serve.  Just let me know which one you would like in a comment and I will get it out to you. (There may be a small shipping charge depending on how far away we need to send it, but I will let you know.)

We are selling them for $25 a piece (please make checks payable to Holly Horn).  They are each unique, ready to hang, and come with everything you need including mini clothes pins and the little leaves to write your thanks on.  Here is a photo of the one I made for my family last year...
Every night, the week before Thanksgiving we would sit around the fireplace and write one thing we were thankful for on a leaf and then clip it to the banner.  By Thanksgiving, our banner was full of good things and it was such a great reminder, for us, of how much God provides for us.
The best part was that I saved the leaves from last year (I dated them), and when I pulled out the banner this year it was so fun to see what we were thankful for the year before (soup, R2D2, our church family, etc.).  A great family tradition.
So, without further ado... here are the banners.




#1 SOLD














#2 SOLD













#3 SOLD














#4 SOLD













#5 SOLD












#6 SOLD












#7 SOLD













#8 SOLD














#9 SOLD













#10 SOLD












#11 SOLD













#12 SOLD













#13 SOLD

                    















#14 SOLD











#15 (multi color stripe with slate blue letters)








Well, that's all of them.  I hope you like the selection and that you see something that might work for you.  I LOVE the idea of these banners, and I hope you do too. :)

Thanks again!!!
Holly

5 comments:

  1. I would love to support you and purchase #1! I'm a friend of Tammy G's and saw this link on her fb. It will be shipped to Tx...pls email me at lukeandlindsey@hotmail.com for address. Such a darling idea!
    Blessings!
    Lindsey Syres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindsey. Unfortunately #1 has already been sold. The ones I have left are #7,14 and 15. I don't have the same paper... but if you can wait about a week I can see if I can match it closely. Just let me know what you think. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that it sold right after my post...I do really like the green and blue and I don't mind waiting. Thanks!!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really Holly, by the way. (just in case you were wondering) I'll send you an email when I get some new paper in the same colors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Holly! I would love to purchase a banner if you have any left. My son Evan was on the Reds baseball team with your son and I would love to help support your mission. Please let me know if you have any left (I love the different patterns you had on your fireplace. Very cute!) hchell@sandi.net. I look forward to hearing from you! Heather

    ReplyDelete